Nursing Home Administrator
Accountable for the full scope of resident care/services, state and federal survey compliance, positive employee, resident and visitor relations and a positive return on investment. Provide operational leadership to to the skilled nursing and ventilator care areas. Provide policy and budgetary leadership to each area assuring that operations and activities are conducted consistent with mission and policy. Assure compliance with applicable federal and state requirements as to applicable licensure and/or certification for each functional area. Participate in strategic planning, quality improvement, and other management committee activities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop short and long range strategies and plans consistent with organizational strategic plan that assures effective and efficient service delivery to residents. Develop and implement staffing plans, policies, procedures, and programs to assure the same.
- Assist departmental management staff in coordinating and implementing programs of resident care and service via inservice education and staff development, development of forms, other tools, and consulting with administrative and line staff.
- During the admission process, assure appropriate payor source is in place after staff have determined the facility is able to meet the prospective resident’s social, medical and psychological needs.
- Present periodic analysis of results related to various plan elements for ongoing analysis and to support President/CEO and overall corporate strategic planning.
- Participate in and lead activities related to and during applicable licensure surveys. Assure compliance with applicable codes (state and federal) and perform all duties of Administrator for the skilled nursing area as defined by applicable state and federal law.
- Identify potential new programs, service lines or program expansion opportunities consistent with organizational strategies and mission. Present recommendations to President/CEO of new opportunities based on analyses and in conjunction with review of Director of Marketing.
- Assist departmental functions to enhance overall service utilization and efficiency by consulting on program design and process integration.
- Provide support to internal and external sales staff and Marketing function by coordinating program and outcome information that supports referral and contract development.
- Assist departmental management staff in formulating plans and programs which at the functional level, support overall organizational quality strategies.
- Provide, either through coordination or directly, programs of education that assist various departments in utilizing new methods or understanding changes in systems or programs.
- Assist President/CEO in collecting and analyzing cost or outcome data as may be necessary to establish or change policies, practices, budgets or strategic objectives.
- Serve as a resource to the President/CEO by developing strategies and programs, which support strategic management objectives, resource allocation objectives, and care delivery improvement objectives.
- Provide periodic support to the Marketing function in its activities of managed care contracting (either acquisition or retention).
- Provide analyses and reports of recommended policy changes to varied audiences ranging from physicians, to organizational staff, to President/CEO.
- Assist management at departmental or corporate level in implementing changes in strategies or programs that maintain budget compliance.
- Assist President/CEO with review of budgets, as pertain to areas of responsibility assuring departmental and facility budgets are consistent with organizational strategic planning.
- Participate in monitoring, variance reporting, and all other budget related activities.
- Maintain staff and resident awareness of Resident Rights. Help the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
- Attend management meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Report and document any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
- Support and participate in changes involving areas of responsibility.
- Stay current in professional organizations specific to long term care.
- Maintain a minimum of 24 hours of CEUs every 2 years. Attend mandatory in house education, including skills review and competency testing.