Nurse Manager (RN Required)
VMP is hiring a RN Clinical Coordinator!
Assume 24-hour accountability for the management of resident care on a designated unit. Serve as liaison between the clinical unit and nursing administration. Is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of unit and departmental activities that directly affect resident care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Standard I:The Clinical Coordinator will plan appropriately in order to facilitate quality resident care.
- Collaborate in establishing nursing department goals and objectives.
- Make resident visits to assess physical and emotional status to determine nursing care needs and monitor implementation of appropriate nursing intervention.
- Plan and implement scheduling patterns to meet resident needs.
- Maintain flexibility in self-scheduling in order to assess 24 hour nursing care delivery.
- Provide unit supervision for absent Clinical Coordinators.
Standard II:The Clinical Coordinator will organize appropriately to meet the needs of the unit and the department of nursing.
- Conduct staff meetings monthly.
- Attend management meetings promptly and on a regular basis.
- Monitor time cards for accuracy.
- Attend scheduled care plan conferences.
- Participate in budget preparation. Monitor and control expenses against approved plans.
Standard III:The Clinical Coordinator will provide direction and leadership to immediate staff.
- Support and perform in accordance with administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Give clear directives and constructive feedback.
- Supervise performance of staff through:
- Use of clinical and managerial expertise in developing and educating staff.
- Interview and appropriate selection of new staff.
- Demonstration of effective problem solving.
- Review/investigation of incident and accident reports.
Standard IV:The Clinical Coordinator will demonstrate adequate skills to meet needs of the facility.
Facilitate communication with/between:
- Nursing Administration.
- Physicians to monitor visitation schedules.
- Referring facilities.
Standard V:The Clinical Coordinator will assist the Director of Nursing in maintenance of standards of practice.
- Review documentation to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, State and Federal guidelines.
- Participate in policy and procedure development and all survey processes.
- Evaluate levels of resident care.
- Perform chart audits, include monitoring of physical and nursing orders to ensure they are carried out correctly and documented properly.
- Participate in quality improvement programs.
- Relieve nursing supervisor as needed.
- Accept 24 hour nursing administrative call when directed in absence of Director of Nursing.
- Assist in teaching of specific training programs for staff.
Standard VI:The Clinical Coordinator will keep current in State and Federal codes affecting long-term care and standards of nursing practice.
- Take responsibility for ongoing self-development
- Keep current in health care issues.
- Current CPR certification.
Standard VII:The Clinical Coordinator will maintain acceptable work standards.
- Maintain appearance to meet department’s standards.
- Maintain acceptable record of attendance and promptness according to facility policy.
- Use proper lines of communication
- Maintain safety standards and institute safety precautions as appropriate.
- Support and participate in changes involving the department.
- Maintain 12 hours minimum of CEU’s.
- Attend mandatory in-house education, including skills review and competency testing.
Directly supervises employees in the Nursing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work and staffing and schedules; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or Associate Degree in nursing; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid RN license in good standing with the State of Wisconsin.
VMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.