VMP is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Mechanic!
Individuals with certification or licensing will install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structure, and pipe and electrical system within the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs and maintains physical plant and structure of buildings.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions. Discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and repair machines and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as ballasts, switches, outlets, wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related plumbing. Repairs, replaces, or rebuilds gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Sweats joints via chemical and soldering methods.
- Prepares and coats interior and exterior building surfaces as required.
- Sets up and operate hand and power tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and furnishings.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Adhere to facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Wisconsin driver's license.
Proof of license or certification required in one or more of the following:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is eligible for a full benefit package including health insurance, PTO, employer provided life insurance and short term disability, voluntary long term disability, vision, dental, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match