Perform a variety of maintenance and repair assignments, under general supervision for the entire complex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist with maintenance and repair tasks
- Maintain and repair plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling fixtures and equipment on a timely basis.
- Use the correct tools, equipment and /or instrumentation for the specific job, according to all safety precautions.
- Promptly make pick-ups and deliveries of maintenance materials, parts and equipment as directed.
- Perform all repairs and weekend coverage without supervision. Notify on-call maintenance personnel as needed.
Maintain organized, clean and safe working environment.
- Protect adjacent areas from damage during work performance.
- Clean work area and clean and replace department tools, supplies, and designated storage areas when work is completed.
- Correct unsafe conditions when observed. If unable, report immediately to Supervisor.
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate safety practices.
Maintain acceptable work standards.
- Dress to meet department standards.
- Maintain an acceptable record of attendance and promptness as established in company policy.
- Follow administrative and departmental procedure and guidelines to accomplish all work assignments.
- Accept and complete assignments as delegated.
- Communicate and cooperate in a helpful, courteous manner. Use proper lines of communication.
- Attend all required in-service programs provided by the facility.
- Respond to fire and emergency codes promptly, following facility procedures.