Key to Fitness-Restorative Aide
We are looking for a C.N.A. with Restorative experience to add to our Therapy Team!
Provide guidance in proper exercise technique and variations of exercise to meet personal exercise/health goals of the client. Provide programs aligned with the individual needs and functions of participants. Follow corporate guidelines, objectives, and policies to maintain standard of care consistent with accrediting agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Helps generate ideas for new exercise, health/wellness programs on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in planning and conducting meaningful programs for residents.
- Keeps accurate records of resident attendance and observation notes of residents participating in program.
4. Promptly communicates all important information and observation notes to therapists, wellness nurses and department supervisor including all accidents and incidents.
5. Helps maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
6. Answers to the needs and requests of residents promptly and politely.
7. Develops rapport with a variety of residents to ensure the resident success in their therapeutic goals.
8. Provides input at the resident needs meeting.
9 Provides successful experience for residents to assist them to meet exercise/health goals.
10. Identifies resident intolerance, stress or discomfort while exercising.
11. Able to take and read blood pressure.
12. Able to read pulse oximeter.
13. Submits appropriate paperwork for M.D. signature.
14. Assists members/clients in establishing effective training wellness goals and develop the most effective training plan to achieve goals.
15. Offers accurate and update information and advice on fitness.
16. Motivates clients and serves as a training partner, may require reaching, bending and demonstration of proper technique: provide physical assistance as needed.
17. Maintains a safe and clean workout environment.
18. Understands exercise equipment and proper operation.
19. Excellent communication skills and ability to instruct and teach.
20. Work independently with minimal supervision.
21. Teaches other CNA specific tasks as assigned
22. Serves as a resource as needed
23. Reports any change in condition to the nurse, which would include, but is not limited to, resident’s weight, skin condition, elimination, level of consciousness, vital signs, appetite, and behavior.
24. Administers ADL’s (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting), feeding and mobility programs, range of motion/strengthening programs.
25. Checks/adjusts/repairs mobility equipment on units to ensure functional use.
26. Assists other staff to reposition residents in chairs/bed as needed.
1. Maintains work environment in safe, organized manner.
2. Ensures safety of residents, staff, and volunteers at all programs.
3. Maintains an acceptable record of attendance and promptness according to facility policy.
4. Dresses to meet department standards.
5. Accepts and completes assignments as delegated and in an accurate and timely fashion.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
7. Communicates and cooperates in a helpful, courteous manner. Use proper lines of communication.
8. Attends required in-service programs provided by the facility.
1. Changes performance behavior as a result of feedback from others.
2. Practices careful, efficient, and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen. Follows established charge procedures for resident care items.
3. Assures that residents are free from abuse and/or neglect.
4. Treats every resident with dignity and respect.
5. Allows resident to make choices whenever possible.
6. Maintains and provides for resident rights.
7. Provides privacy and warmth to residents at all times.
8. Handles resident belongings properly according to procedure.
9. Assists others in resident care activities, such as transferring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Wisconsin.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to be flexible as programs and schedules are subject to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.