Food Service Manager
VMP Healthcare & Community Living is an independent, non-profit, faith-based healthcare system that has provided comprehensive services for seniors for over 90 years.
We are seeking a Food Service Manger who is also a Certified Dietary Manager.
Direct day to day food production and food service activities related to residents, guests, and staff. Follow corporate guidelines, objectives, and policies to maintain standards consistent with legal and accrediting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs activities and personnel in food production operations, ware washing and dining service areas
- Coordinates department’s staff schedule and payroll.
- Revises and maintains department’s task analysis.
- Revises and maintains department job descriptions
- Coordinates and oversees special functions.
- Coordinates end of the month reports and financials
- Responsible for cash accuracy.
- Involved in menu development and recipe management.
- Handles resident, guest, and staff requests and concerns.
- Monitors department’s hiring, orientations, staffing patterns, evaluations, disciplinaries, and terminations.
- Utilizes computer to perform various department management functions.
- Implements quality improvement activities.
- Manages areas of responsibility within department's budgetary guidelines
- Maintains accurate inventories and order systems.
- Conducts yearly self-assessments to improve knowledge and skills that promote continued competence.
- Provides guidance and training as needed.
Manages subordinates in assigned food service areas. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned unit or units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training; mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Food Protection Professional
Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
This position is eligible for a full benefit package including health insurance, PTO, employer provided life insurance and short term disability, voluntary long term disability, vision, dental, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match