Director of VMP Foundation
Director of VMP Foundation, INC.
Serve as the senior executive and administrator of the VMP Foundation, Inc. reporting directly to VMP CEO and working in conjunction with the Foundation Board of Directors. Develop a budget and strategic plan in concert with VMP and its committees which, fulfills the mission of the Foundation in terms of developing significant financial resources through planned giving solicitation, special projects, and fund raising campaigns. Prepare and present to the Board and its committees, cases for financial support and opportunities for allocation of resources that are in direct concert with the mission and strategic plan of VMP, Inc. and its nonprofit affiliate organizations. Develop programs and opportunities for planned giving, solicitations and special events that successfully raise funds consistent with the Foundation’s budget and its strategic funding objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop short and long range fund raising goals, including planned giving strategies, consistent with the VMP approved strategic plan and budget.
- Implement such developed strategies effectively, including Board involvement, evaluating the results of the implementation and altering the methods and means used as necessary, to achieve the financial gifting/development objectives approved by the Board.
- Conduct activities of education and research necessary to develop and support fund development strategies.
- Be accountable for the attainment of financial objectives in fund development planned giving, solicitation, special events, and other avenues, including for all staff of the Foundation.
Board Development and Involvement
- In concert with the Board chair or CEO, develop a schedule of meetings and related committees which, serve to support the activities and mission of the Foundation.
- Work with Accounting Department to prepare and submit annually, a budget to the Board accompanied by a strategic plan that details the financial revenue objectives for the foundation, the expenses, and the spending allocations.
- Consult with committee chairs, steering committee, and the chair of the Board routinely, assisting in the formulation of meetings, topics, and delivery of supporting materials to all members.
- When applicable, assist the Board in obtaining new members or replacing open board positions, by recommending potential candidates and conducting interviews or other inquiries as deemed appropriate by the Board.
- Hire and develop, as applicable, a support staff for the Foundation, consistent with the approved strategic plan and budget and with VMP’s Human Resource policies and practices.
- Develop office policies and procedures as necessary to assure the smooth operation of the Foundation office and the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Participate in and assure participation of the staff in VMP required education and training programs, planning and administrative meetings, and other programs of education and training appropriate to the duties of the Foundation.
- Provide support for any regulatory and reporting function required of the Foundation by law and policy of VMP, Inc. or by the Foundation Board (e.g., annual reports, audits, federal tax returns, state tax returns, etc.).
- Assure that the operations of the Foundation are conducted consistent with VMP’s policy, applicable laws and ordinances, and Boards direction. This includes providing supervision and support to office staff and volunteers, consistent with the policies and practices of VMP.
Directly supervises employee(s) in the VMP Foundation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.