VMP IS NOW HIRING A COOK!
Full-time. Shift is 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Performs a wide variety of duties essential to preparation and service of food to residents, guests, and associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cooks and monitors quality of foodstuffs in quantities according to menu recipes and forecast tallies.
- Processes foodstuffs for menu items needed
- Assures accurate reading of all required temperature checks.
- Maintains safe, sanitary work area.
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
- Provides guidance and training as needed, on activities related to food production.
- Maintains confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Servesafe Certificate a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VMP is an independent, non-profit, faith-based Long Term Care facility that has provided comprehensive services for seniors for over 90 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer