Chief Financial Officer
VMP is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our team!
Direct and monitor the effectiveness of the Business Office and Information Technology functions. Prepare annual budget, negotiate contracts, perform government financial reporting, assist with strategic planning
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Direct, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the major financial systems (payroll, accounts payable/receivable, billing, inventory, fixed assets, cash receipts and disbursements, etc.).
2. Manage Consolidated Billing and Prospective Payment System. Maintain a current knowledge of third party/governmental reimbursement policies and procedures.
3. Monitor cash, bond covenants and investments. Manage estates and contributions.
4. Direct Medicare claim submission.
5. Prepare the organization’s annual budget. Direct preparation of monthly financial statements. Educate managers in cost control. Hold department staff accountable for operating within budget.
6. Perform financial projections and feasibility studies.
1. Participate in Operations Team meetings and strategic planning.
2. Write and revise Business Office policies and procedures.
3. Negotiate, update and file all contracts. Manage legal issues.
4. Prepare and submit all IRS required reports including 990’s 5500’s, pension and payroll tax returns.
Coach and supervise the Accounting and IT Departments. Conduct fair, accurate and timely performance evaluations. Administer fair and consistent discipline.
Set an exemplary model for staff through professional appearance, treatment of staff and dedication to company goals.
Ensure accountable service areas are in compliance with labor laws.
Maintain accountability for all tasks, duties or activities of direct reports.
1. Participate in Board of Directors meetings.
2. Actively participate in organizational planning functions.
3. Consult with other departments to coordinate efforts to provide services that meet organizational needs.
4. Provide a safe working environment for employees with an effective safety program to prevent injuries and return to work programs for those injured on the e job.
5. Promptly investigate and follow through on direct reports’ incidents/injuries.
6. Be familiar with the operation and function of all equipment used by direct reports. Demonstrate and reinforce proper use.
7. Follow safety, security and infection control (including Standard Precautions) and hazardous materials policies and procedures. Perform all tasks to assure resident and personal safety and the protection of VMP property.
8. Achieve satisfactory performance in all performance evaluation areas.
9. Keep current with job standards through inservice training, continuing education, personal and professional development.
10. Actively recognize and appropriately respond to customer needs.
11. Continually seek opportunities for Quality Improvement.
12. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum education, certification and/or licensure: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Master’s and/or CPA preferred. Working knowledge of budgetary controls and government reporting requirements. Able to analyze financial statements and budget performance. Read, write and speak English fluently. Handle hostile or emotionally upset residents, staff, families, etc. Experience: Three to five years accounting experience, including one year supervisory experience. Long-term care experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS (Prior To Hire)
Power Point: Intermediate
VMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.