Admission Nurse (RN Required)
We are looking for an Admission Nurse to join the VMP Team!
The Admission/ discharge nurse shall be responsible for the execution of resident admissions coming into the SNF and certain aspects of resident discharges from the SNF. He or she will be responsible to communicate and document effectively with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Admission/Discharge nurse must be self-motivated. He or she must carry a valid RN license in good standing in the state of Wisconsin.
- They must be able to speak, write and understand English.
- Above average assessment skills in geriatric patients is preferred.
- Able to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with resident/patient, families, community members, MD’s, volunteers and other facility staff.
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have 1- 2 years of electronic computer system knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to add subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to understand and interpret medical information received
- Must be able to multi task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Check Resident admitting room for set up
- Complete the admission process for multiple admissions a day.
- Communicate to resident/POAHC, guardian the plan for their admitting process upon arrival to facility
- Review admission paperwork for accuracy from community hospital/facility
- Able to Complete admission process in EMR thoroughly and accurately
- Initiate resident plan of care in EMR
- Able to Obtain and verify orders from MD/ NP
- Complete all paperwork for residents discharging the SNF as appropriate
- Perform education when applicable
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team on a regular basis towards discharge.
- Attends mandatory in house education including skills review and competency testing.
- Maintain CPR certification per VMP policy
- Maintains confidentiality/ HIPPA guidelines and rules.
- Upholds residents rights
- Other duties may be assigned. by DON:
- Maintains safety standards
- Follows VMP policies and procedures.
- Follows VMP hand book