Conduct individual and group programs in assigned areas of the VMP Manor Park complex. Provide programs aligned with the individual needs and functions of participants. Follow corporate guidelines, objectives, and policies to maintain standard of care consistent with accrediting agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist in planning and conducting meaningful programs for residents.
1. Helps generate ideas for new programs on an ongoing basis.
2. Utilizes volunteers in programs as much as possible.
3. Transports/escorts residents to and from program areas.
4. Keeps accurate records of resident attendance and observation notes of residents participating in program.
5. Promptly communicates all important information and observation notes to therapists or department supervisor including all accidents and incidents.
6. Helps maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
7. Answers to the needs and requests of residents promptly and politely.
8. Assists in organizing and participating in outings and special events.
9. Covers weekends and evenings in a scheduled and on-call basis.
10. Develops rapport with a variety of residents to ensure the resident success in leisure pursuits.
11. Provides input at department meetings.
12. Utilizes outside services when unable to provide services (musicians).
13. Completes projects as assigned (sensory boxes, making decorations).
14. Provides successful experience for residents to assist them to meet therapeutic goals.
Maintain acceptable work standards.
1. Maintains work environment in safe, organized manner.
2. Ensures safety of residents, staff, and volunteers at all programs.
3. Maintains an acceptable record of attendance and promptness according to facility policy.
4. Dresses to meet department standards.
5. Accepts and completes assignments as delegated and in an accurate and timely fashion.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
7. Communicates and cooperates in a helpful, courteous manner. Use proper lines of communication.
8. Attends required in-service programs provided by the facility.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Wisconsin Driver's License and independent transportation if required to travel to other facility locations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work nights and weekends if required. Ability to be flexible as programs and schedules are subject to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.