VMP is hiring for a part time Activity Assistant!
- Part Time (20 hours), including every other weekend
- Day shift hours
- Memory Care
Conduct individual and group programs in assigned areas of the VMP Manor Park complex. Provide programs aligned with the individual needs and functions of participants. Follow corporate guidelines, objectives, and policies to maintain standard of care consistent with accrediting agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist in planning and conducting meaningful programs for residents.
1. Helps generate ideas for new programs on an ongoing basis.
2. Utilizes volunteers in programs as much as possible.
3. Transports/escorts residents to and from program areas.
4. Keeps accurate records of resident attendance and observation notes of residents
participating in program.
5. Promptly communicates all important information and observation notes to therapists or department supervisor including all accidents and incidents.
6. Helps maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
7. Answers to the needs and requests of residents promptly and politely.
8. Assists in organizing and participating in outings and special events.
9. Covers weekends and evenings in a scheduled and on-call basis.
10. Develops rapport with a variety of residents to ensure the resident success in leisure pursuits.
11. Provides input at department meetings.
12. Utilizes outside services when unable to provide services (musicians).
13. Completes projects as assigned (sensory boxes, making decorations).
14. Provides successful experience for residents to assist them to meet therapeutic goals.
Maintain acceptable work standards.
1. Maintains work environment in safe, organized manner.
2. Ensures safety of residents, staff, and volunteers at all programs.
3. Maintains an acceptable record of attendance and promptness according to facility policy.
4. Dresses to meet department standards.
5. Accepts and completes assignments as delegated and in an accurate and timelyfashion.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
7. Communicates and cooperates in a helpful, courteous manner. Use proper lines of communication.
8. Attends required in-service programs provided by the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Wisconsin Driver's License and independent transportation if required to travel to other facility locations.
VMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.